perhaps a silly question, but ...

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: perhaps a silly question, but ...
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:18:19 -0500

I'm attempting a fresh build (haven't tried since arpack and other things have changed).

During my attempt I did a "make clean" to prepare for another "make" and encountered something I hadn't noticed before, so I thought I'd ask if this is normal

make clean
[...]
making clean in src
making oct-errno.cc from oct-errno.cc.in
making bitfcns.df from bitfcns.cc
making data.df from data.cc
making debug.df from debug.cc
making defaults.h from defaults.h.in
defaults.h is unchanged
making defaults.df from defaults.cc
making dirfns.df from dirfns.cc
making error.df from error.cc
making file-io.df from file-io.cc
making graphics.df from graphics.cc
[...]

Once the "make clean" entered the sources, it appears to me "making" rather than "cleaning".

Is something amiss or have I just not been paying attention?

Ben