Re: indexing expression performance

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: indexing expression performance
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:20:28 -0600

Okay, so I worked on the library a little. It looks like it's very
easy, since it's a very small library, and it's kinda nice how fast
Fortran compiles compared to C or C++ code.

However, my Fortran ignorance begins to show. How are you supposed to
use Fortran libraries? You don't use header files as with C and C++,
right? All that a -dev package needs to ship is the .so binary,
correct? The EXPORTS file is presumably documentation that should go
in a -doc package (doing that is my job, not yours, just thinking out
loud).

I also don't think it's necessary name your package -src. It's on
Sourceforge, of course it's source. :-)

Documentation seems to be all in the source files... does Fortran have
something like Doxygen that can extract documentation from source? If
not, maybe I should write a Perlism to do so. That should be easy,
since all the documentation is in the source files right after the
copyright notice, correct?

- Jordi G. H.