Re: ChangeLogs

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: ChangeLogs
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 20:00:30 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On  6-Jan-2009, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| that creates a single entry at the time of check in.  Then have a
| script append that short file to the top of the ChangeLog file.
| Exclude the ChangeLog from checkin; then check it in as part of the
| "build-release script" in order to avoid a recursive or double

I think that if we auto-generate the ChangeLogs for distribution
files, then, like other auto-generated files, the ChangeLogs should
not be checked in to the version control system.

The ChangeLog could be editted that way though.  Mercurial wouldn't be
regenerating the whole file, just adding to it one entry at a time.

Dan