Re: moving octave.org domain from Wisconsin servers

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: moving octave.org domain from Wisconsin servers
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:53:16 -0500

On 20-Dec-2008, Kristjan Onu wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| > I have a hosting service that can do everything except anonymous ftp...
|
| At the risk of going off-topic, using a virtual private server (VPS)
| provider rather than a hosting service should allow anonymous FTP. In
| terms of cost, some VPS providers may be comparable to hosting services
| (e.g. prgmr.com and rapidxen.net.)

My hosting provider can actually do anonymous ftp for an additional
charge, but I don't see the need since we can use ftp.gnu.org and its
mirrors for that.  Most of the octave.org web pages will still be
served from gnu.org anyway.  So the primary change is that
ftp.octave.org will stop working.  So I guess I really want to know
whether anyone thinks that change will cause trouble.  My guess is
that it will cause some confusion in the short term, but there should
be no long term problems.