Re: Graphical help browser

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Graphical help browser
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:58:35 +0100

* Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> [2008-11-24 09:20]:

> The important one you're missing is '__init_gtk__'. I don't understand
> why PKG_ADD isn't sourced, but that is the cause of your problems.

Yes, that was it, thanks.

For people wishing to try, I put together an experimental Debian package for
help_browser. It is available from an apt-getable repository at Alioth [1].
It works with Octave 3.0.1, the version currently in Debian testing/unstable
and works out of the box:

    $ apt-get install octave-help-browser
    $ octave
    octave:1> help_browser plot

The patches that I used for this package are available in SVN [2].  In
particular, I made the path management more general [3], which allows the
installation of the HTML/CSS/image files in /usr/share/octave/.

Note that the "upstream version" of this package has been set to "0", since
there was no version number available.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~rafael/octave-help-browser/
[2]
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-octave/octave-help-browser/trunk/debian/patches/