Re: Octave/Windows 3.0.3 (VC++) available

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave/Windows 3.0.3 (VC++) available
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:21:06 +0000

IMO, it has good potential, but still needs a lot of work.
AFAIK, this is the only one using a real terminal emulation,
such that octave behaves the same as in a plain terminal.

The reason I didn't include it this time is mainly a lack of
time to recompile it and some problems with new dependency
(like webkit). And it's also in too early stage, people usually
expects more than what it currently provides. However, I think
John is continuing work on it (debugging and integrated graphics)
so I expect that the next iteration to be more attractive.

Michael.