filesep extension

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: filesep extension
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:31:46 -0500

On 11-Nov-2008, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| I noticed a problem in fileparts tests: some tests uses forward slash,
| while fileparts uses filesep, which is the backward slash under Windows.
| This makes most tests to fail.
|
| To solve that, I thought about extending filesep behavior and make it
| return all file separators when 'all' is given as argument. See the attached
| changeset (OK to apply?). However, now I'd like to modify fileparts.m,
| but I'm not sure about the most efficient way to implement find_last_of
| functionality in ocave. Any idea?

See also this thread:

https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-October/009169.html

I think your patch is also OK.

I'm not sure what to suggest for the best scripting language
equivalent for find_last_of.  A regular expression?  That doesn't seem
like a great solution and would be a bit messy in the current case
because \ is special in a regular expression.  For example, you need
something like

  regexp ('/foo/bar\baz', '[\\/][^\\/]*$')

Do we need a new function, or can someone think of a good way to do
this with functions we currently have?