font trouble when printing bitmaps

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: font trouble when printing bitmaps
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 21:25:12 -0500

I'm running the developers sources from a few days ago.

Apparently, I don't have my font configuration isn't working properly. Can someone who is knowledgeable of such things give me an explanation ... or better yet describe how to fix it?

octave:14> plot(1:10)
octave:15> print(gcf,'-djpg','test.jpg')
gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 0 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 2 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 4 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 6 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 8 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 10 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 0 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 2 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 4 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 6 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 8 with font Times-Roman gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string 10 with font Times-Roman

Ben