Re: Text properties and FTGL

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Text properties and FTGL
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:41:44 -0400

On 28-Oct-2008, Shai Ayal wrote:

| 2) You have the whole TeX distro as a run-time dependency -
| problematic for windows machines (and maybe macs also)

We should not let the shortcomings of a proprietary operating system
dictate what is the best way to do something in Octave.  Remember the
GNU part of GNU Octave?  Part of the goal of the Octave project is to
promote free software.  So is it a bad thing if you have to use a free
system for everything to be easy to install and for all of the
features to work properly?