[changeset] Adapted munge-texi to expand @seealso commands to texinfo re

From: Thorsten Meyer
Subject: [changeset] Adapted munge-texi to expand @seealso commands to texinfo references, tex error
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:00:43 +0100

Hi,

the attached changeset adapts munge-texi to expand @seealso commands to
texinfo references (@address@hidden, ...}) in the documentation.

Unfortunately, I am not yet fully happy with the patch:

 - first of all, the attached munge-texi works nicely and generates the
expandes @seealso commands correctly.

 - together with the two patches I have just sent, the info and html
documentation is successfully built and you can click from hyperlink to
hyperlink in the @seealso sections just fine.

 - however, this will only work as long as all @seealso commands only
point to existing @anchors (i.e. existing commands or explicitly set
@anchors in the .txi files). I personally like the idea of forcing a
documentation which is consistent in this way. But it could be that not
everybody agrees to this.

 - And, worst of all, the building of the pdf documents failed with the
error "message./octave.aux:4743: TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save
size=5000].". To fix this I had to change the value in
/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf (on debian the actual change had to be done in
/etc/texmf/texmf.d/95NonPath.cnf): I set save_size = 50000. Then it
worked fine.
But, how could such a change to the tex configuration be integrated into
the make configuration? Does the same problem come up under windows or
mac or other platforms? Is there a way to locally change this tex
setting for example by an environment variable (I have found nothing in
the tex documentation but I am certainly not a tex expert)?

Please give me some feedback, especially on the last point.

thanks and regards

Thorsten