Re: Plotting status in Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Plotting status in Octave
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:19:02 -0500

2008/10/22 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> On 22-Oct-2008, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
>
> | I just don't have the c++ skills to make much progress myself.
>
> I didn't know much about C++ when I started working on Octave (some
> might say I still don't now much).

Ahem. :P

But in all seriousness, C++ is a Frankenstein monster. I don't think
anyone knows it well except the language lawyers in comp.lang.c++, and
even they can't agree on what the next standard should look like.

This doesn't mean it's not a useful language. It's my first language,
and in all the time I've been using it, I still feel like there are
things I don't know about it very well (e.g. template metaprogramming
for avoiding temporaries in arithmetic expressions, wtf).

Anyways, sorry for expressing my offtopicky opinions about C++. It's a
language I feel very strongly about, both good and bad.

- Jordi G. H.