Re: [changeset] - improve clf() compatibility

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [changeset] - improve clf() compatibility
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:16:54 -0400

On 21-Oct-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Do I infer correctly that the x/y/zlabels are not presently hidden via
| set(hlabel,'HandleVisibility','off')?
|
| ... but by some alternative means?

Yes, the handlevisibility property is not set to off and you don't see
them in the list of children because tehy are never added to the array
of children.  When I first wrote the code for the axes object, I
didn't understand that these handles were stored in two places
(children plus {x,y,z}label and title) and that they were usually
hidden in the children property.