Re: minor correction in container.txi, first contribution

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: minor correction in container.txi, first contribution
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:13:24 +0200

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:
> David Bateman wrote:
>> Can I suggest that you add
>>
>> [ui]
>> username = Thorsten Meyer <address@hidden>
>>
>> to your .hgrc file. This will force the default user of your changeset
>> to be the above rather than the generic host/domain name you currently
>> have in your changeset.
>>
>> Cheers
>> David
>>

> I changed my .hgrc file accordingly, rolled back the hg commit,
> committed again and exported a corrected changeset.

Patch applied.

Instead of repeatedly doing rollback/commit, you may want to get
familiar with mercurial queues. A simplified sequence is:

hg qnew my-first-patch
... edit sources ...
hg qref
... edit more ...
hg qref
... even more ...
hg export -o ../my_first_patch.diff qtip
... send patch to mailing list

perhaps we could add this to the contrib.txi guide...

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert