Re: double TABs question

From: Levente Torok
Subject: Re: double TABs question
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:45:04 +0200

On Thursday 18 September 2008, you wrote:
> On 18-Sep-2008, Levente Torok wrote:
>
> | As I see readline has some progamability in this aspect too.
> | http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/readline.html#IDX78
> | I am not sure if it cannot be solved with this.
>
> Precisely what function are you referring to?
> How do you propose to use it?

When I enter
                a=3
octave says
Display all 3933 possibilities? (y or n)
and eats the rest of the sentence

In matlab:

No completions found.
>> a=3

a =

     3

The important thing here is this, maybe I get messages that "No completions
found" but I can
still copy and paste codes from an editor and it will run. While in octave it
won't.
So I am proposing to alter the function of TABTAB.
With this amount of functions in the system, a question like "Display all 3933
possibilites?" make not much sense anyway.

Ideally, when nothing is entered, TABTAB should be taken as \t\t. If something
has already been written then
the original meaning (listing the possible options beginning with the text
already entered) would be perfect.
I don't know if it possible.

Bests,
Lev