double TABs question / QtOctave

From: Levente Torok
Subject: double TABs question / QtOctave
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:20:30 +0200

Hi All,

1)
I have a question with reading tab keys from clipboard.
By copying double TABs from an external editor such as kwrite, the readline
eats the first non-TAB (non-whitespace) character. I think this is interference
with the
pressing double TAB key which casues octave to display a question like:

Display all 3876 possibilities? (y or n)
---
Does anybody know about this issue?
( I prefer using real TAB characters instead of spaces in place of TABs in my
editor. )

2)
I made  teste drive with kOctave, octave workshop and QtOctave.

Since the development of both kOctave and octave workshop has been stopped I
suggest
to focus on QtOctave which resolved many issue that kOctave couldn't.
It has naturally some infant charateristics and rudimentary bugs but this is
the one that has got
the closest to its matlab counterpart.
Don't you think that this project should be pushed to a state where it can be
octave's official GUI?

Lev

--
Blogger of http://fapuma.blogspot.com