Re: startup time

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: startup time
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:27:16 -0400

On 11-Sep-2008, Levente Torok wrote:

| Sorry. Local disk only certainly.

As I'm not seeing this kind of performance problem, I think you will
have to do a little digging on your system to find the cause.

Are you adding an unusually large number of directories to your load
path (something like "addpath (genpath ("/somedir"))" where "/somedir"
has thousands of subdirectories?

Do you have directories in the load path that contain large numbers of
files (thousands or tens of thousands or more)?