Re: base_graphics_backend

From: Ryan Rusaw
Subject: Re: base_graphics_backend
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 02:26:10 -0600

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:00 AM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> There's something strange in this backtrace: when delete_children()
> is called from axes::properties::set_defaults(), normally the title
> and labels contains invalid handles, such that the call to free()
> (from delete_children()) should not trigger any object_destroyed()
> in the backend. It seems that between "title = graphics_handle ()"
> and "delete_children ()" (in axes::properties::set_defaults), the handle
> for the title is recreated. Ryan, could you track this down?
>
> Michael.

I think the problem is in my object_created() method, I iterate
through all the values returned by go.get(true).map_value() which in
turn causes the label objects to be created and appropriate
handle_property of the axes to be updated. Eventually
axes::properties::set_defaults is called on the created axes,
assigning new handles to the label properties. This is followed
shortly by delete_children() which immediately deletes the new
handles, and fires off the object_destroyed methods.

I'm curious as to where the extra object_created calls are coming from
though, but alas it is almost 2:30 AM here,  I'll look into this
further tomorrow after I catch some sleep.

Ryan