Re: classdef support for octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: classdef support for octave
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:43:13 +0200

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:31 AM, David Bateman
<address@hidden> wrote:
> No comments not because of lack of interest but because my minds on other
> things.. I think it would be great to have classdef support for 3.2 if its
> relatively easy to implement as you imply.

I didn't imply that :-)

A complete implementation requires work on the internal data representation
and MOP, work on the parser for the syntactic sugar (classdef parsing,
?-syntax for class access, @-syntax for overloaded method call in the
parent classes...), work on the tree evaluator (for package scope handling).
So 3.2 is not a realistic target. For now, I'm mainly thinking about the
first part.

Michael.