Re: 3.0.2 release (mingw32 check)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: 3.0.2 release (mingw32 check)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:26:59 +0900 (JST)

Hello Benjamin

>  >>>>> processing

d:\files\admin\octaveforge_svn\trunk\octave-forge\admin\Windows\mingw32\octave\octave-3.0.2\scripts/general\bitcmp.m
>    *****
> assert(bitcmp(A,Amax),bitor(bitshift(1,Amax-1),bitshift(1,Amax-2)));
> !!!!! test failed
> error: assert (bitcmp (A, Amax),bitor (bitshift (1, Amax - 1), bitshift
> (1, Amax - 2))) expected
> 6.7554e+015
> but got
> 1.1259e+016
> values do not match
> shared variables {
>    Amax =  53
>    Bmax = 9.0072e+015
>    A = 2.2518e+015
> }
>
> This one, Micheal reported to have been fixed in newer sources, so I
> don't bother with it, right?

The patch made by Michael is effective when round function is not detected in
the ./confugure.
For mingw case, the round fuction flag is true so that his patch is not
effective.
This problem caused by bug of mingw gcc complier and it seems fixed the latest
complier, gcc 4.30 on
mingw.

To use Michael's round fucntion, I always modify the config.h after configure.

/* Define to 1 if you have the `round' function. */
* #define HAVE_ROUND 1*

/* Define to 1 if you have the `round' function. */
/* #undef HAVE_ROUND */

Then test will be successful.

Regards

Tatsuro

For All Sports Lovers! SPORTS OHEN PROJECT 2008
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/yells/