Easy Wavelet capability added to Octave core software

From: PattiMichelle
Subject: Easy Wavelet capability added to Octave core software
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 22:55:16 -0700

I'm trying to begin to use Octave - I'm definitely a newbie - but it's lacking wavelet capability.  WaveLab is available for MatLab and I've hear Octave is very close syntactically, so I'm hoping that adding WaveLab to Octave can be added to the todo list.  (It's difficult for an Octave newbie to navigate getting a Matlab toolkit to work with Octave.)  Wavelets really are becoming important tools to have available and WaveLab appears to be written/used by some of the heavyweights in the wavelet biz.

http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~wavelab/

Thank You,
Patti Sheaffer