Re: imread (repost)

From: soren
Subject: Re: imread (repost)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:41:57 +0200

Quoting Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden>:

address@hidden wrote:
Quoting Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden>:

100% transparent would be not visible, I guess. The applications would be special effects or masking off a rectangular image to make it appear of a different shape.

But what does 'not visible' mean? Should we just show the background color of the figure?

Yes, whatever is behind the image (up to the point of plotting the image) gets blended with the image. Wherever the image is 100% transparent the contents behind it is completely visible, i.e., unaltered.

Currently (and also in matlab I believe) you can only view one image at a time. So my question is basically, what is behind image? Say I run the following

  im = rand (100, 100, 4);
  im (:, :, 4) = 1; # full transparancy
  figure
  imshow (im)