passing parameters to dynamically-linked functions

From: Thomas L. Scofield
Subject: passing parameters to dynamically-linked functions
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:09:05 -0400

Parameters in Matlab are often passed in the manner

   functionName ( ..., 'parameterName', 'parameterValue' )

I am wondering if there is an established approach for organizing such parameters, perhaps in a cell array(?), so that they are easily passed on to and parsed within a dynamically-linked function.  Perhaps the kind of answer I am looking for goes like this: "for an example, see the m-file ______ which accepts additional parameters like these and then passes them along to the dynamically-linked function _______."

Thomas L. Scofield
Associate Professor
Calvin College