Re: Removing control, finance and quaternion toolboxes

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Removing control, finance and quaternion toolboxes
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:02:49 -0400

On 29-Jul-2008, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| tir, 29 07 2008 kl. 18:12 +0200, skrev David Bateman:
| > Won't this cause issues for distributions?
| Perhaps. I don't really know.
|
| > Also the control and finance
| > packages already exist in octave-forge and I just added to them and so,
| > by doing that the users would loose access for a 3.0.x version of octave
| > to the existing finance and control functions.
|
| Hmm, then let's have a release soon, and then add the new
| functions/packages.

Until then, I'd like to have a way to make these functions
available.  I don't mind temporarily adding them in the Octave source
tree.  For example, we could have

  packages/control/...
           finance/...

etc.  These would not be built by default, but we could have a
Makefile in the packages directory to make it easy to build the
package files once Octave is installed.  Would that be easy to do?