Re: Octave 3.1.50 available for ftp

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Octave 3.1.50 available for ftp
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:32:44 -0500

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:44 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

> This snapshot includes the new experimental OpenGL-based graphics
> code, but the gnuplot backend is used by default.  Assuming you have
> all the required libraries and have built the OpenGL bits properly,
> you should be able to switch to the new backend with the commands
>
>  input_event_hook ("__fltk_redraw__");
>  __init_fltk__ ();
>  set (0, "defaultfigure__backend__", "fltk");
>
> I'm sure there will be a simpler way to do this once the new backend
> code is more mature.
>
> jwe

octave:1> input_event_hook ("__fltk_redraw__");
octave:2> error: /home/dima/src/octave-3.1.50/src/fltk_backend.oct:
undefined symbol: _ZTV15opengl_renderer
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'octave_execution_exception'
panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
Aborted

Do I need a special FLTK  - GL library? configure did not complain....

I have
mesa-libGL-devel-7.1-0.37.fc9.x86_64
and
fltk-devel-1.1.8-1.fc9.x86_64