Missing changelog entries

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Missing changelog entries
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:32:25 -0400

On 25-Jun-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| Trying to resolve the difference between my src/ChangeLog file and that
| in the main repository I see that the changelog entries
|
| 2008-06-08  David Bateman  <address@hidden>
|
|     * DLD-FUNCTIONS/qr.cc (Fqrupdate, Fqrinsert, Fqrshift, Fqrdelete):
|     Allow single precision arguments, add tests for single precision.
|
| 2008-06-02  David Bateman  <address@hidden>
|
|     * DLD-FUNCTIONS/betainc.cc: Move test code here. Add test code for
|     single precision type.
|     [...]
|     * ov-flt-re-mat.cc (lgamma,  acosh, log, log2, log10, log1p,
|     sqrt): Use single precision infinity value.
|
| 2008-05-24  David Bateman  <address@hidden>
|
|     * pt.cc (tree:last_break_function): Next pointer to last function
|     with a breakpoint.
|     [...]
|     * symtab.cc (symbol_table::find_function (const std::string&,
|     tree_argument_list *, const string_vector&, octave_value_list*,
|     bool&): If function name contains Vfilemarker, check in scope of
|     specified parent function.
|
| are missing, although the corresponding code is in the repository. Could
| these be added, so I can make my ChangeLog correspond the the main
| repositories simplifying my merge process?

I think these are in my archive.  The first block with a different
date (2008-06-12), and the second and third together in an entry on
2008-06-02.

I've been changing the dates so that the entries correspond to when I
add the code to my archive, which to me seems the natural thing to do
as I think the ChangeLog should say when a particular change appeared
in the archive.  If that's the wrong thing to do, then let's discuss
exactly how changes should be imported, and whether we should continue
using ChangeLogs (GNU coding standards say yes, but if they are a big
hassle and more or less obsolete with Mercurial, then maybe we should
rethink why we are spending time managing them).