Re: Latest from hg on OSX

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Latest from hg on OSX
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:05:43 -0700

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008, at 02:34PM, "Carlo de Falco" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On 11/giu/08, at 14:32, address@hidden wrote:
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:43:15 -0700
>> From: Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
>> Subject: Re: Latest from hg on OSX
>> To: Thomas Treichl <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
>>
>> Thomas,
>>
>> Might the current hg compile with fltk-aqua 1.1.7-1001? ... or is
>> 1.1.9 required? ... perhaps fltk-aqua won't work either and I'll
>> need fltk-x11?
>>
>> If fltk-aqua 1.1.7-1001 is all that is needed, it should be a fairly
>> simple task to get the current hg version working using Fink for the
>> dependencies.
>>
>> Ben
>
>Hi,
>
>I recently posted on the help-list as I had missed this thread...
>I have been trying to build latest hg sources against fltk-aqua
>from fink.
>
>1) I am using the following flags:
>
>./configure LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -framework OpenGL" CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/
>include -FOpenGL" F77=gfortran FFLAGS="-ff2c" --prefix=/opt/octave/
>
>2) I had to change
>#include GL/gl.h    to     #include OpenGL/gl.h
>and
>#include GL/glu.h   to     #include OpenGL/glu.h
>in gl-renderer.h
>
>3) The build is completed but the resulting octave has problems
>parsing some m-files. This was already mentioned in another thread,
>a workaround seems to be adding some white space at the and of those
>files
>
>as for item 2) I haven't seen any other mention of this problem in
>this thread
>so I was wondering if I have done something wrong there...
>
>HTH,
>c.

You're ahead of me. I'm presently unable to get Fink's fltk-aqua to build :-(

I plan ask seek some help form the Fink team when I have the time. Once I am
able to build the new dependencies I might be of more help.

Perhaps you can give me a hand with my difficulty?

Are your running Leopard? ... and is you Mac PPC or Intel based?

In either event, did you have a problem building fltk-aqua?

Ben