Re: hggroup available in graphics archive

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: hggroup available in graphics archive
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:26:23 +0200

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
>  > If Shai and John agree, then we can try this way of working.
>
>  What I understand from this email exchange is that the graphics
>  archive will turn into an archive of patches.

Somehow, yes.

>  Will we loose some of the nice features we have now ? (nice web
>  interface + RSS, change notification emails).

Not really, as the patches will be under hg revision. But I'm
not sure how this will reflect in the web interface. Apprently,
when doing "hg qinit -c", this is equivalent as doing
"hg init" in .hg/patches. So I guess there will be a separate
archive for patches, where you'll still have the web interface,
RSS, email notifications...

>  What other hg features are we giving up by using qptaches?

I think that it will makes things a little bit more complicated
for us, while greatly simplifying John's task of merging.
It's still not completely clear to me how we'll synchronize
if we both work on 2 different patches that are in a specific
order.

Michael.