Re: run-octave on the cygwin

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: run-octave on the cygwin
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:57:39 +0200 (CEST)

--- Tatsuro MATSUOKA  ha scritto:
> Hello
>
> Sorry the previosu posting was not revised at all so
> that English was too bad to be understood.
> Please ignore it.
>
> > run-octave should work in cygwin
> > if you comment the LD_PRELOAD definition.
> >
> > # LD_PRELOAD="$liboctinterp $liboctave $libcruft"
> \
> >
> > at least in this way I can run the full
> > test suite before packaging
>
> Thakns. It worked.
> I have been tested after install at ..../test by
> executeing fntests.m from the octave prompt.
> From now, I can do it by  'make check'
>
> However, in case of octave-3.0.0+, run-octave is
> used during  'make' for making images by the octave
> script of sparseimages etc.
> Then make stops at run-octave is executed.

Could you clarify ?

I have not yet tested octave-3.0.0+
as I was busy building all the needed libraries
to fully compile octave on cygwin

Qhull-2003.1
Hdf5-1.6.7
glpk-4.21
SuiteSparse-3.1.0
fftw3-3.1.2

all source and trial package are on
http://matzeri.altervista.org/

I need still some work to make packages fully
compliant with cygwin guideline.

> Hi, John,  is it possible to comment out
> run-octave.in before './configure'.
>
> If it is possible to detect the run-octave shell
> comand working on cygwin, I can consider the patch.

after this package effort I will submit a patch
to handle this and the cyg*.dll / lib*.dll.a problem.
The current solution I put on
octave-3.0.0-1.src.patch
it is brutal twick.

> BTW: Marco
> >http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin/octave/
>
> Oh! you have already prepared octave binaries in the
> cygwin distribution style.
> It is a good news!!!
>

> Do you use an original gcc-3.4.4-3 on cygwin?
> How about the speed?
> In my experience of octave 2.1.7x, the speed of the
> binary depends on version of cygwin1.dll for sjlj
> exception case.

Std gcc-3.4.4-3.
I have not compared against your build, but
I know that is 4 times slower than Linux x86_64
on your testOregoB.m test case.

Have you tried Gcc 4.3 ?

> Anyway I am glad to see your working on the cygwin
> based octave.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tatsuro

you are welcome.
Marco

Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e la tua opinione!
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog/