Re: Q: Low hanging fruit?

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Q: Low hanging fruit?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:03:38 -0400

Ben Abbott wrote:
On Mar 10, 2008, at 9:47 PM, Bill Denney wrote:
Attached are three new functions. Essentially now I'm just going through the list of functions in matlab that are missing in octave and writing the low hanging fruit.
Any chance you (or anyone else) have compiled a list of "low hanging fruit"?

I expect there are a few individuals who would like to contribute to that effort.

Personally, I'd be interested in writing some m-files during my spare time.
Hi Ben,

I have updated the function lists on the wiki. They are now categorized (at least roughly). I may have gotten some wrong, so anyone should feel free to adjust the categorization. Also, please anyone who finds functions that should be added or removed, do so.

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?MissingMatlabFunctions

Feel free to start working. They are not categorized into "low hanging fruit" and harder tasks, but hopefully, you can find some interesting functions there.

Thanks,

Bill