New Plotting Functions: findall.m and allchild.m

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: New Plotting Functions: findall.m and allchild.m
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 23:03:35 -0500

On  4-Mar-2008, Bill Denney wrote:

| Hello,
|
| Attached are two new functions, findall.m and allchild.m.

Thanks, I applied this patch.  I also added these functions to the
SOURCES variable in plot/Makefile.in (and when I remembered to do
that, I added rectint.m to the list in geometry/Makefile.in).

| Also, I was trying to write hgsave and hgload, but I could not find a
| way to create a handle without using the plotting functions.  Is there a
| way to generate handle objects without going through the plotting functions?

Not that I know of, so at least part of hgload may need to be in C++.

If you could create graphics handles without generating a graph, how
would you want to do that?  What data do you have available when you
want to create the graphics object?