Re: isascii/toascii with MSVC

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: isascii/toascii with MSVC
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:17:33 -0600

Michael Goffioul wrote:

When you look at MSVC documentation, it's stated that toascii is
deprecated, in favour of the ISO C++ __toascii. If you look in the header,
the actual function declared is __toascii. Then you have a

I really dislike that Microsoft is doing this.  I've worked on a project using
MSVC resently and found all these suggested, safer versions of file routines
__fopen, etc.  It's making a mess of C, in my opinion.

Dan