Re: [changeset] Polyfit with scaling

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [changeset] Polyfit with scaling
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:34:53 -0500

On 20-Feb-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| My bad.  I should have tested for a relative improvement over the
| unnormalized case. I suspect differences in lapack/blas produced the
| error (it passes on my Mac)
|
| In any event, I've modified the tests to respect a relative comparison.

This patch did not apply.  I tried reconciling the differences by
hand, but the context did not seem to match.

Please update from my public archive, reconcile the differences, and
send a clean patch, or just send me what you think the tests should be
now, and I'll insert them and then you can update from the public
archive and verify that I got it right.