Re: switching from CVS to Mercurial

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: switching from CVS to Mercurial
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 03:45:18 -0500

Since it seems that at least David and Michael have been able to clone
the hg archive, I've switched to using hg as my version control system
for the Octave sources.

I removed the CVS archive info from the download page at
www.octave.org and added a note about how to get the sources with
Mercurial.

I'm trying to use Tailor (http://progetti.arstecnica.it/tailor) to
generate a CVS archive from the Mercurial archive so people can still
have read-only access to the sources using CVS if that's what they
want (at least for a while).  But unfortunately(?) I can't seem to
make it work.  I'd be grateful if someone could show me how to do this
correctly as I have no more time to spend trying to make it work.