Re: Polyfit with scaling

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Polyfit with scaling
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:43:18 -0500

On Feb 1, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Thomas Weber wrote:

On 01/02/08 07:26 -0800, Rolf Fabian wrote:
Without testing it, I looked shortly at the code of
your polyfit.m and found  close to the end:

 ## Return a row vector

This is a bug because it converts complex column vectors
to complex conjugated polynomials ( row-vectors)

I think Ben just took this line from me. Your observation regarding the
complex values is obviously correct. However, is polyfit supposed to
work with comples input values? Otherwise, I don't see how complex
values can show up.

        Thomas

I don't believe Octave has any functions that are restricted to real values. So ... yes, polyfit accepts and returns complex values.

Ben