Re: Octave/backend interface proposal

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave/backend interface proposal
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:58:06 +0100

On Jan 21, 2008 5:52 AM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm OK with the concept and implementation, however do we really need
> to get the figure position from the backend this way? Can't the
> backend just update the figure.position property? is this a
> multithreading related problem?

No, it's because I'm developing other code in parallel and I thought
I needed it, but in the end it was the canvas size I needed. So the
get_figure_position can be removed.

> Unless there is some real problem, I think this data exchange
> mechanism should be only for things that have no corresponding
> property -- i.e. font metrics

Indeed.

I also think that putting this class into a separated header will get me
into trouble, because of the classes dependencies. I think I'll put it
into graphics.h.in and generate a new patch. Any objection?

Michael.