Re: distributed version control

From: Peter A. Gustafson
Subject: Re: distributed version control
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:09:37 -0500

On Friday 18 January 2008 01:57:53 John W. Eaton wrote:
> So I'd say we go ahead and choose between git and mercurial, import
> just the trunk and 3.0 branch since the 3.0 release (I'm assuming this
> is not too hard to do) and try it for a while.  I'd say I'm sort of
> leaning toward mercurial, but I don't have a strong opinion about it,
> and no real experience using either one.  I think the important
> question is which one will be easiest for the majority of the most
> active developers to install and use.
>
> jwe

If this choice is made like a corporate shareholder vote:
votes = accepted patches ???

My votes are for git.

Now, just like the shareholder vote... I'll wait for the execs and board of
directors to vote their >99.9999% share.  :)

PS: Unlike the shareholder vote, I'm confident "they" will choose in the best
interests of "the company".  I can always learn a new system.