Re: pathdef, savepath, ocaverc and Matlab

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: pathdef, savepath, ocaverc and Matlab
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:31:06 -0500

On  4-Jan-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Can you or another tell me how I can get to the list of registered
| functions?

You can't, at least not from the scripting language.

| While it apprears to me that this should be done in c++, I'm not a c/c+
| + programmer, and so I'm hoping to do this by adding a few lines to
| ".../startup/octaverc".

I think doing it in the scripting language makes sense.

| For that to be viable, I need to have access to
| "octave_atexit_functions".

Why?  Can't you just create a new function, say __finish__.m (could
place it in the startup directory for now) like this:

  function __finish__ ()
    if (exist ("finish") == 2)
      ## No arg list here since finish might be a script.
      finish;
    endif
  endfunction

and then add

  atexit ("__finish__");

to the system octaverc file?  Should we also allow finish to be
implemented as a .oct or .mex file?