Re: Add base value support to bars

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Add base value support to bars
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:50:23 +0100

On 12/18/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> This patch adds a base_value argument to __bars__ but I don't see
> where it is used.  If it is not used, why add it?  What am I missing?

This is to make the base value available to the graphics backend
(JHandles override __bars__.m); in the end, the barseries object has
a BaseValue property, so you need to know it. As the front-end
__bar__.m already parsed varargin and extracted the base value,
I found it more efficient to pass it as additional argument to the
backend than let the backend it find it again in varargin. This is not
mandatory.

> When you send patches directly in your messages, they often arrive
> with long lines wrapped.  Can you send them as text/plain attachments
> to avoid that?

OK.

Michael.