Re: 2.9.19??

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: 2.9.19??
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:14:12 +0100

On 12/11/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Anyway Michael's gnuplot goes well, this is a trivial issue but I wonder
> > > why.
> >
> > Probably because the way pgnuplot and wgnuplot communicate together
> > is not suited for binary data.
>
> OK!
> I think that Michael's opnion is right.
>
> The original pgnuplot just send data
> in a byte unit wgnuplot windows by Win32 API.
>
> This seems to the gnuplot problem.
>
> I'll go to the gnuplot ML.

That's basically to avoid this kind of problems (and the one you also
tried to work around by adding a delay in pgnuplot.c) that I developed
a real console mode for gnuplot, with real pipes (I don't find the existing
pgnuplot solution very elegant).

I proposed a patch back in April this year (before the 4.2 release), but
the follow up is not very active. See
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1627936&group_id=2055&atid=302055

Michael.