Re: 2.9.19??

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: 2.9.19??
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:37:34 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Jwe Wrote

Octave sends the "set palette" command if it thinks it is using
gnuplot 4.1 or later.  What does the __gnuplot_version__ function
report in each of the two cases?  What does

  compare_versions (__gnuplot_version__ (), "4.0", ">")

return?

octave.exe:1> compare_versions (__gnuplot_version__ (), "4.0", ">")
ans =  1
octave.exe:2> __gnuplot_version__
ans = 4.3

--- Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 12/11/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Anyway Michael's gnuplot goes well, this is a trivial issue but I wonder
> > why.
>
> Probably because the way pgnuplot and wgnuplot communicate together
> is not suited for binary data.

OK!
I think that Michael's opnion is right.

The original pgnuplot just send data
in a byte unit wgnuplot windows by Win32 API.

This seems to the gnuplot problem.

I'll go to the gnuplot ML.

Thanks to John and Michael.

Tatsuro