Re: Font problem with png terminal 2.9.17+

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: Font problem with png terminal 2.9.17+
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 07:19:10 -0800 (PST)

Fredrik Lingvall wrote:

> I have this issue with printing to png files:
>
> octave:1> figure(1)
> octave:2> plot(randn(100,1))
> octave:3> xlabel('x')
> octave:4> print -dpng test.png
> gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string x with
> font helvetica

Ok, I couldn't check the png terminal on my rough gnuplot 4.2.2
installation. I suppose that in fact the best way to deal with this is to
have a fontname "default" and don't try to set the fontname at all if the
fontname is "default". However this might cause issues with the TeX
\fontname option, but I think we can live with that

D.