Re: Treat TeX in plot text in a Matlab compatible matter with gnuplot en

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Treat TeX in plot text in a Matlab compatible matter with gnuplot enhanced mode
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:27:44 +0100

> I have 2 comments:
> 1) It's going to be really hard to live up to the features of the
> gnuplot backend, and it keeps getting harder.

Hey thats the problem of the backend writer, and don't claim to be that
:-). The "tex" interpreter property is probably not that hard to live up
to as most of it can be done with font selection and a regexp as I've
done in the patch I supplied..

> 2) Why do you use the string_property type for the interpreter
> property and not radio_value?

Because your patch to eliminate string_property isn't in the CVS yet. My
patch will of course cause a conflict with your patch, so one of gets to
fix the conflict when the patches are added :-)

I figured out how to add Italics and Bold fonts, etc with the \it, \bf,
etc, and will update the patch soon.

D.