Re: Octave/Windows 2.9.16 release

From: Kai Habel
Subject: Re: Octave/Windows 2.9.16 release
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:25:42 +0100

> Hi all,
>
> The Windows binary packages for octave-2.9.16 have been uploaded
> to SF servers. This release is based on octave-2.9.16 and
> octave-forge-20071014. Other major changes are:
> - updated readline library for better locale support
> - fixed double-quote handling in "system" (as a consequence,
> mkoctfile.m should work correctly now).
> - inclusion of f2c-based fortran compiler (mkoctfile can now compile
> fortran source files)
>
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/
>
> Michael.

Hello Michael,

thanks for providing a new package. I see problems with image and contourf:

octave.exe:6> contourf(peaks)

gnuplot> set palette file "-" binary record=64 using 1:2:3:4;
                                                            ^
         line 0: Gray scale not sorted in gradient.

octave.exe:7> clf,image

gnuplot> set palette file "-" binary record=64 using 1:2:3:4;
                                                            ^
         line 0: Gray scale not sorted in gradient.

I see distorted graphics in both cases and a colorbar with values in the order
of +/- 1e30. I think this has been reported before here [1]. But is there a
solution already?

Kai

[1]:
http://www.nabble.com/imshow-is-not-working-in-the-precompiled-packages-tf4684997.html#a13388034