Re: Small change to pkg.m?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Small change to pkg.m?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:40:15 +0100

On 10/29/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Humm for CC and CXX no we don't, but for AR and RANLIB that don't use
> mkoctfile we would.. Also just thinking about it, can we really use
> mkoctfile to probe CC and CXX in any case.. I know that under MSVC the
> mkoctfile command is replace with an oct-file that does the same thing
> and I don't know if it respects the environment.. Perhaps it would be
> save to stick to octave_config_info and have the getenv test for all args..

MSVC binary package uses a C++ version of the mkoctfile script, compiled
into an EXE file. This code is equivalent to the mkoctfile script, so it indeed
make use of environment variables. However, what's currently not working is
the mkoctfile.m wrapper, because of the way the windows command prompt
handles double quotes.

Michael.