Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave: 0.3.0

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave: 0.3.0
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 13:45:55 -0400

On 10/6/07, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> Alexander Barth skrev:
> > I released version 0.3.0 of yapso. It is available at
> > http://yapso.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > and some demos are at:
> > http://yapso.sourceforge.net/demo/demo.html
> This is looking quite nice. I'm curious about two things:
>
> 1) Does this work with the Octave graphics objects? I mean, do you use
> the same graphics structures as the gnuplot backend? Sorry about being
> so vague, but I don't know much about the graphics stuff in Octave.
No, it does not use graphics objects code in octave. I'm not very
familiar with its development. I use a simpler approach, some thing
like:

class YLine {
  double MarkerSize;

 virtual octave_value get(string prop) {
   if (prop == "markersize")
     return octave_value(MarkerSize);
  else if...
  else
     // call get of base class
 }
}

DEFFUN_DLD(get,...) {
  return object->get(prop);
}

> 2) How do you create postscript output? The png output looks good, but I
> understand that the other alternative graphics systems have problems
> with producing high-quality postscript output.

I use gl2ps. I don't use the eps export much, but I worked fine for
the examples I tried.
Alex