Octave 2.9.14 available for ftp : Qhull ?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Octave 2.9.14 available for ftp : Qhull ?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:17:40 +0900 (JST)

I have downloaded octave-2.9.14 and carried out the ./configure

configure: WARNING: Qhull library not found --- This will result in loss of
functionality of some
geometry functions.

****
I googled about the Qhull and found,

http://www.qhull.org/

Qhull computes the convex hull, Delaunay triangulation, Voronoi diagram,
halfspace intersection about
a point, furthest-site Delaunay triangulation, and furthest-site Voronoi
diagram. The software runs in
2-d, 3-d, 4-d, and higher dimensions. Qhull implements the Quickhull algorithm
for computing the
convex hull. It handles roundoff errors from floating point arithmetic. Qhull
also computes volumes,
surface areas, and approximations to the convex hull.

Perhaps new features about geometry functions are added.
I am not good at this field but I believe this extends the potential of octave.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/