hosting mingw binaries for octave

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: hosting mingw binaries for octave
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:36:20 +0200

Hello list,

I wanted to grab some feedback on the mingw binary hosting.
Since I personally don't have the webspace to provide bianries, I am
thinking of creating a sourceforge project. This would also provide
nice means of integrating all building scripts and developing them
in future.
So I wanted to
1) check with the "officials": any objections?
2) ask, what's considered "good practice" for a name?
3) ask, (since it's my fist time doing this) any pitfalls?
4) Better ways of doing it?

Hints+tips are very welcome, I'd like to have it done in a way that
has the 'vision' of being still useful in 3 years with octave 5.0 ...

regards
benjamin