Re: Patch to add axis position property

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Patch to add axis position property
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:20:57 -0400

On  9-Aug-2007, John W. Eaton wrote:

| On  9-Aug-2007, Peter Gustafson wrote:
|
| | What else would impair me from defining these as axes properties, and
| | working it out that way?
|
| I think the graphics properties need to be compatible with Matlab.

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I was thinking that you wanted to continue
keeping them as line properties.  Having them as axes properties is
the right way to go, but I'm not sure whether it will be easy to make
that work with gnuplot.  If it is easy to do, then OK.  If it requires
heroic effort, then I'd say skip it and help us work on graphics
capabilities that don't depend on gnuplot.

Also, for all the gnuplot fans out there, please don't misunderstand
my comments about gnuplot.  I think it is a very useful program, but I
don't think it is the right tool to use to implement Matlab-compatible
graphics for Octave.