Re: accumarray

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: accumarray
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:31:16 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
>   Hi David,
>
> On Sat, June 30, 2007 16:00, David Bateman wrote:
> # I have no idea if the attached function is really useful, but it is a
>
> it would be useful at least for me. I would have adopted if it had been
> around when
> I first wrote a similar function "result = loop_add (add_to_what, add_where,
> add_what)".
>
>   The answer to your question depends more on users than maintainers, doesn't
> it?

Yes, but maintainers are also users as well :-) .... In any case the
main issue I see is that this isn't a builtin version and so might be
limited in speed relative to the matlab version. Though if it is
adequate I see no reason to write it as an oct-file. In any case if it
does need to be written as an Octave file, having a good m-file version
that is consistent with the matlab version is a good first step.

Unfortunately I'm traveling at the moment and can not test this code
against matlab for speed. Frankly if its less that a factor of 5 slower
than matlab I see no reason to write it as an oct-file..

Cheers
David