Re: demo for ode(number)r fails because of mex file path error

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: demo for ode(number)r fails because of mex file path error
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:42:33 +0200

On 6/27/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Michael
Thank you for your reply.

I understood the situation for the MEX files in the
current binary 2.9.12-3.
I am strongly looking forward to your next binary.

If you really need the odepkg package, then you should be able to regenerate
the mex files with your octave and overwrite the ones that were
installed initially
(assuming you have MSVC installed, but I remember it was the case, isn't it?)
Although I didn't test, here's the steps that should make it:
1) download the odepkg package from octave-forge and uncompress it
2) cd in the src/ directory and copy Makeconf.in into Makeconf (normally, it
should be done through configure, but for this, a simple copy should be enough)
3) edit Makefile and change MKMEXFILE definition to
mkoctfile --mex -Wl,-export:mexFunction
4) make (you'll probably need to have your octave bin dir in your PATH variable,
as well as MSVC compiler)
5) if successful, copy the mex files into
<octave_dir>/share/octave/packages/odepkg-0.3.0/i686-pc-msdosmsvc-api-v24/
(make a backup, just for safety)

As I said, I didn't try. So it might not work as expected.

Michael.